Wednesday 9 May 2007

Influence



Now that my work is developing i can see relationships with it and other artists such as Andy warhol with his use of bright colours and prints of shoes which all link into what im doing. i have always loved his work as i have always had a secnce of fun from it as well as beauty. Here are some works which really do conect with my work and have a huge influence in what im trying to create at the moment.
i feel that i maybe conect better to works like this as i just want my pieces to be fun and playful as there is enough bad in the real world i dont need it in my art work.


Roy Lichtenstein has also been interesting to look at as in some of my shoe drawings i have given them an animated look. i have always loved cartoons so its been fun to try making my seriouse shoes look childish. I love how his work looks like a comic book strip which would be interesting to try make a short comic of my shoes?



































Finally an artist that has also been helpful is Julian Opie his work is so interesting as he takes objects, people and creates something new and interesting from them making them more simple in shape and form and sometimes making them more beatiful to me. You can also see a clear link to Andy Warhol in his work of the album cover for Blur.


No comments: